A celebration of Yorkshire good taste
Published on Sunday 01 March 2015
Inspired by the first Tour de Yorkshire, which starts on Friday, May 1, we are holding a special Yorkshire Fortnight of money saving offers, tastings, meet-the-producer opportunities and more.
Running from Saturday, April 18 until the final Tour de Yorkshire race day on Sunday, May 3, our celebration of some of the best things Yorkshire has to offer on a plate provides some great offers – both in-store and online.
Building on last year's spectacular Tour de France Grand Depart, which passed through some of the favourite places on our doorstep, the Tour de Yorkshire is a new sporting spectacular that will turn the heads of the world to face our marvellous county once more.
Check out our special Tour de Yorkshire window at the Northallerton store.
Online, we're giving:
10% off a special selection of Yorkshire hampers , such as the Yorkshire Gift Basket .
Take a look at the full hamper range and our Create Your Own service .
These discounts will also apply in both our Yarm and Northallerton stores.
Our buyers always have a keen eye for quality produce at keen prices, but they've been working extra hard to ensure you'll have even more reasons to drop by during our Yorkshire Fortnight.
Here are just a few:
* Special deals on our range of Shepherds Purse cheeses, made just down the road by the Bell family and their team, such as a saving of £5 per kg on Yorkshire Blue (just £14.49 per kg)
* Our favourite Masham Sausages are down to £6.49 (from £8.49 per kg) from the Northallerton deli counter, or three 400g packs for £6 (normally £2.70 each)
*Yorkshire cooked ham is half price at £9.24 per kg – from the deli or pre-packed in both stores
* There's no better time to buy Wensleydale cheese, with two 500g truckles for just £12 or two 200g truckles for just £5. Or from the deli counter, enjoy £4 per kg off it at just £9.49 per kg
* We also have a special offer on our range of Johnson's of Thirsk small pork pies: £1.09 each or two for £2. Or why not help raise money for the Friarage Hospital appeal with a special Johnson's " MRI Pie " – pork, plum and Wensleydale?
* Elsewhere, you can save substantially on perenial favourites such as our own-label biscuits (down from £3.85 to £3.09); chutneys, jams and curds (two for £5) and, to wash it all down, Yorkshire Tea (80 bags of golden glory for just £1.69)
* We also have a new range of products judged to be worthy of the prized L&C label, incuding sweets and new sweet and savoury biscuit varieties, while you can get 20% off our entire luxury fruit cake range for the fortnight. Baker Rachel will be in-store offering tastings and explaining how they are made on each of the Wednesdays during Yorkshire Fortnight too.