Delicatessen Manager Opportunity
Published on Thursday 18 January 2018
One of the things that we're most proud of is our expansive and nationally renowned deli counter. We're looking for a passionate delicatessen manager to head up and develop one of our key departments.Job Description:
Lewis and Cooper based in Northallerton is a long established company with an enviable reputation in the fine food and wine retail sector. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a Delicatessen Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is the ideal hands on role for an experienced Delicatessen Manager looking to develop one of the mainstay departments in an award winning company.
As a Delicatessen Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of the delicatessen department.
Your duties will include:
- The responsibility for all stock ordering, price negotiation and range selection
- Managing the department budget and financial goals including preparation and analysis of reports
- Being accountable for the merchandising, visual presentation and promotional strategies
- Analysing past sales patterns to understand and anticipate trends in consumer buying patterns
- Being responsible for sales and profit maximisation
- Attending national and international trade fairs to source new products
- Providing a first-class customer service experience including service, advising customer and dealing with complaints
- Developing long-term supplier and customer relations to ensure continued support
- Liaising with other managers to organise promotional events
To be considered for the role of a Delicatessen Manager you must have:
- Proven experience in a similar retail role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Drive and determination to develop and grow the business
- Experience ensuring compliance with Environmental Health and Trading standard regulations, Health and Safety procedures and HACCP
- A real passion for fine food and dining
To apply for this role, please contact Bettina Bell on 01609 772880 for more information and for an application pack