Passionate about Fine Food and Wine?
Then why not come and work for us?
Family run since 1899, working for Lewis and Cooper is more than just a job, it's a continuation of a century old tradition of being the best we can be. When George Lewis and Binks Barton Cooper organised a management buyout of their grocers shop in 1899, they created an ethos of excellent customer service and stocking the best quality produce that continues down to this day.
It's not just about looking to the past either, we're committed to the future too, by growing our online presence and continuing to look for exciting new products, we hope to continue the story of Lewis and Cooper through the twenty first century.
If you would like to be part of the story and start a career working with a multi-award winning company, apply to one of the vacancies below and we can make a great future together.
If you can't see the vacancy for you below, we're always interested to hear from talented people, please contact us using the details below.
Northallerton JobsDelicatessen Manager (Full Time, Permanent)
Lewis and Cooper based in Northallerton is a long established company with an enviable reputation in the fine food and wine retail sector. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a Delicatessen Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is the ideal hands on role for an experienced Delicatessen Manager looking to develop one of the mainstay departments in an award winning company.
As a Delicatessen Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of the delicatessen department.
Your duties will include:
- The responsibility for all stock ordering, price negotiation and range selection
- Managing the department budget and financial goals including preparation and analysis of reports
- Being accountable for the merchandising, visual presentation and promotional strategies
- Analysing past sales patterns to understand and anticipate trends in consumer buying patterns
- Being responsible for sales and profit maximisation
- Attending national and international trade fairs to source new products
- Providing a first-class customer service experience including service, advising customer and dealing with complaints
- Developing long-term supplier and customer relations to ensure continued support
- Liaising with other managers to organise promotional events
To be considered for the role of a Delicatessen Manager you must have:
- Proven experience in a similar retail role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Drive and determination to develop and grow the business
- Experience ensuring compliance with Environmental Health and Trading standard regulations, Health and Safety procedures and HACCP
- A real passion for fine food and dining
To apply for this role, please contact Bettina Bell on 01609 772880 for more information and for an application pack.
Seasonal Hamper Assistant (Full time including weekends, temporary contract)
A position has opened up in our Northallerton Shop for a seasonal hamper assistant. This post is full time until Christmas and includes weekend working. Your role will include assisting customers, creating our famous Christmas hampers and other general duties. A perfect role for a creative person looking for some additional Christmas money. To apply please contact Bettina Bell on 01609 772880 for more information or call into the store for an application form.
Yarm JobsSorry we have no vacancies at this present time.
Can't see the position for you, we are always interested in hearing from talented people who want to join our team, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or mail it to:
Lewis and Cooper Ltd
92 High Street